- The Membership committee shall oversee all areas of membership retention and growth. The Committee shall approach all new businesses in the area and provide them with membership information (membership application, membership benefits, calendar of events, annual directory, etc). The Committee shall invite potential members to general membership meetings, welcome and introduce them at the meeting and follow up on future attendance. The Committee shall provide greeters at all events to welcome guests and members.
- In addition the Committee shall develop the annual membership directory and the monthly newsletter.
- The Committee is chaired by the Vice President. The Secretary, Treasurer and three Trustees shall serve on the committee.
- DABA membership is encouraged to assist the Membership Committee in the recruitment of new DABA members.
- The Nominating Committee shall seek out members who have an interest in running for office. The Committee shall present the slate of officers at the November general membership meeting. The Committee shall send the slate of officers to all members in good standing by First Class Mail fourteen days prior to the election. The Committee shall supervise the election of officers at the January general membership meeting.
- The Committee is chaired by the Vice President. Three Trustees shall serve on the committee.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- The Public Relations Committee shall act as liaison with school, churches, youth groups and organizations within and around the Dundee area. The Committee shall promote and publicize all DABA events in cooperation with other committees.
- The Committee is chaired by one Trustee. The Secretary and two additional Trustees
shall serve on the committee.
FUND RAISING COMMITTEE
- The Fund Raising Committee shall promote fund raising and fund raising activities for DABA. The Committee shall assist project committees with procuring funds for events.
- The Committee is chaired by one Trustee. The Treasurer and two additional Trustees shall serve on the committee.
SPECIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE
- The Special Events Committee shall oversee special events such as dinners, membership mixers and seminars. The Committee shall act as liaison for the events. The Committee shall select topics, arrange for speakers and event locations. The Committee shall arrange for food or refreshments, if necessary, equipment or any additional requirements for the event. The Committee shall provide a written quote in advance for any dinner meetings.
- The Committee is chaired by One Trustee. Two additional Trustees shall serve on the committee.
MARKETING & PROMOTIONAL COMMITTEE
- The Marketing & Promotional Committee shall investigate and provide DABA membership with avenues for promoting business in the area (joint marketing ventures, programs to increase interaction with customers, programs to make customers aware of products and services available in and around the Dundee area). The Committee’s goal shall be to promote and encourage area residence to Shop Local.
- The Historian Committee shall gather information, pictures, awards and any/all DABA memorabilia. The Committee shall establish a format in which the information can be passed along annually. The Committee shall provide pictures and information to the website, facebook and newsletter for publication.
WEBSITE & FACEBOOK COMMITTEE
- The Website and Facebook Committee shall oversee the website and facebook. DABA members are encouraged to submit items to the committee for publication on both sites. The Committee shall review the information before publication.
- The Scholarship Committee shall review the scholarship applications annually for any revisions. The Committee shall act as liaison with schools to see that all requirements for the scholarships have been met and applications have been presented to the school’s students in a timely manner. The Committee shall present the applications to the membership for final selection.
MAYFLY MUSIC FESTIAL COMMITTEE
- The Mayfly Music Festival Committee shall oversee the organization and presentation of the festival. The Committee chairperson shall appoint subcommittee chairpersons to oversee and direct various aspects of the festival. The Committee shall assist the Fund Raising Committee in procuring sponsors for the event.
DABA 5K RUN-1MILE FUN RUN/WALK
- The 5K Committee shall oversee the organization and presentation of the run. The Committee chairperson shall appoint subcommittee chairpersons to oversee and direct various aspects of the run. The Committee shall assist the Fund Raising Committee in procuring sponsors for the event.
DUNDEE – DOWNTOWN HALLOWEEN BASH
- The Dundee Downtown Halloween Bash Committee shall work under the direction of the Independent Newspaper, event co-sponsor. The Committee will assist with procuring volunteers and donations for the event.
HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS PARADE & COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING
- The Home For The Holidays Committee shall oversee the organization and presentation of the event. The Committee shall solicit parade entries, procure assistants from the police, fire department and coordinate downtown activities for the event.